Sunday, December 19, 2010

Another weekend ends too soon...

This was a good weekend, but it ended WAY too soon.  Friday was the unofficial holiday party for work.  Had a great time down at the pub and was able to get to know some of my co-workers a little better.  Saturday ma and I did the 13-hour crop thing again at Archivers (pictures of my creations at the end of the post) which made a very fun but very loooong day.  Today DH and I went to see our nephew's holiday choir program at church then went and finished our Christmas shopping.  Lovely concert (the kids were so freaking cute!) and I'm extremely excited to say that I have finished my Christmas shopping.  Yay!! =)

Anyway, without further ado here are the cards that I created over the weekend. (I also created one for a Guylou challenge, but that was logged in a previous post.)


This card was created using a Mimi's Christmas stamp by Penny Black. (I just love Mimi...she's so adorable!)  Mimi was colored using Copic markers and Copic glitter pens (which are AWESOME, by the way!).  The edge of the stamp was colored using Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in Broken China and the snow was colored using a white souffle pen.


This card was created using a Pink Cat Studio digi.  The stamp was colored using Copic markers and a white souffle pen (for the icing on the gingerbread man).  The inside of the card says "If you are what you eat, eat something cute", which is a Stampin' Up hostess stamp that I just love.


This card also uses a Mimi's Christmas stamp.  The stamp was colored using Copic markers and glitter pens.  The door and window were unfortunately drawn by me and colored using Copic markers.  I really had a hard time finding a background paper for this stamp.  I wanted to use some kind of a house background but could not find what I was looking for.  As you can see....I'm not much of a drawer (LOL) but I'm pretty happy with the result.


This card uses a digital image from Elizabeth Dulemba.  She is a children's author and illustrator and very kindly shares her art with the crafting world.  You can find her information here.  (Her books are very cute!)  It was colored using Copic markers and Stickles.  The snowflake paper is from Creative Memories.


This is another Mimi's Christmas stamp.  I love the "merry everything" sentiment.  It's going to my uncle, because he has a good sense of humor and I think he'll get a kick out of it.  The stamp was colored using Copic markers and glitter pens.  (I alternated with the penguins because I wanted to make sure that each one stood out from the ones next to it...)  I must apologize for the flash from the camera...It was hard to get a good picture.  The night sky paper is actually a metallic dark blue (the truest color is in the middle of the page) and the glitter pens for the penguins is a beautiful sparkly black, not the brown that some of it appears to be.  The snow on the background was created using a white souffle pen.


This card was created using a KaiserCraft wood flourish  The ornament was sprayed with Tattered Angel's Glimmer Mist (the color is called Santa Baby) and then the gems were added.


This card was also created with a KaiserCraft wood flourish.  It was painted using Adirondack pain dabber in Cranberry.  The same ink was used for the sentiment. 


This card was inspired by the Archivers 2010 Holiday Showcase.  I loved the idea of creating a wreath out of different sized circles from scrap paper.  Thanks to my mother for the suggestion of the small copper circles.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkados Winter Silhouettes stamp set.

Ok, well that's all for now!  It's getting late, so I need to go catch some shut eye.  Good night!

3 comments:

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Starla,
I love what you did with my Christmas Mouse! Very cute.
I set up an online Coloring Page Tuesday gallery through facebook so people could share cards they create using my images at http://www.facebook.com/pages/ColoringPageTuesdays/131602883523029. If you're on facebook, I hope you'll share your card there. And each week I feature one of the posted cards in my Coloring Page Tuesday newsletter http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html.
Hope to see you there!
:)
e

Star said...

Thanks, Elizabeth, and thank you for sharing your images. I think they are all beautiful, and so fun to play with!

Vicki said...

The gingerbread man eating a cupcake is CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! Just love him.