Monday, February 28, 2011

The Dawn of a New Day

Since returning from my retreat a week ago I have been completely burned out.  I've been so tired....so blah.  Even when I got my brand new Big Shot (which I love so much, thank you for the early birthday gift, mom!) I had so many ideas I was tripping over myself to get home....and when I got there, I could barely eke out one card.  Sigh.  I had so many plans, especially for some of my favorite challenges (ABS, Pollycraft...thank goodness I already had Guylou's done!) but just couldn't get the energy to actually sit down and execute them.  Time has just sort of slipped away.

Well, today is a new day, the beginning of a new week.  I'm still pretty tired, but I'm hoping the creativity will keep flowing.  I have a class tonight, and I'm going to try to get the ABS challenge in there before the deadline at 10...but either way I think this will be a better week.

Ok, thanks for listening to me vent!  =)  Hope to see you all soon!

4 comments:

Gina K said...

I hate that feeling. I really hate it. Try to eek out something for the ABS challenge, girl. They don't have many entries this week...it could be worth the $15 gift cert! I understand that feeling, though. I really do, and it sucks. At least Anita's challenge is a sketch this week, which makes it easier for me. I don't know if that helps you, but when you take away the having to design the layout element, it helps me.

Star said...

Thanks, Gina. Mwah! I'm going to try for Anita's challenge...I've done every challenge since I found her. I just don't if I'm going to have the time since between getting home, going to class, and then getting home again. We'll see. I want to try my best, and not just throw something together that I'm not happy with (like I did with the purple challenge).

Sara I. said...

Hey sweetie! Don't worry about all your plans and just worry about yourself - sometimes you just need to take a "me" break and take a breather. It will all be here waiting for you, and so will we be! Big huge hugs and hope you are feeling better real soon!

Star said...

Thanks, doll! =)