Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Most Beautiful View

Here is a card I created for a few different challenges.  I got to play with some of my favorite things: buttons, ribbons, flowers, dies...the list goes on and on.  


I just love this Paper Shelter image.  She's so adorable!  And I just love the gathered skirt!  I colored her using Copics (except for the mirror glass, which is colored with a silver Spica marker, then covered with a clear glaze pen to give it a smooth sheen).  The design paper is from DCWV's The Sweet Stack. I made the lillies using the McGill Paper Blossom punches.  So much fun, but takes quite a while to put together since all of the petals are punched out separately, decorated, curled, then glued together.  Then I spritzed the entire flower with Tsukineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz in silver.  When the flowers were dry I added a blue gem to the center.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter #1: Buttons and Bows
Southern Girls Challenge: Blue and Chocolate
Fab 'n' Funky: Make Your Own (I made my own flowers)

Thanks for stopping by!  Come back soon!  =)

9 comments:

Cheryl Valadez said...

Starla, such a lovely color combination! The soft blues and the rich rusts are really striking together. You card is wonderful! Thanks for joining the challenge these week at TPS ;D Hugz, Cheryl

sue said...

Fabulous card! I love the sentiment with that image! Thanks for playing allong at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at TPS......

Hugs
Judith

Nannieflash said...

Oh Brilliant thanks for using the TPS image and your card is gorgeous. Good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Julie said...

Great card,that certainly is a great image. Thanks for sharing it with the Southern Girls. Have a nice day,Julie :)

karenw said...

This is a very sweet card - love that sentiment. The colours go so well with the image.
thanks for playing with us at southern girls. x

Cards By MI said...

What a fabby card you have made, stunning colouring of the little lady. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Unknown said...

I love your card! Thanks for sharing your talent at Southern Girls for our Blue and Chocolate challenge.
Alicia xx

Emma H said...

What a fun card and great DIY flowers! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky this week!