Sunday, February 20, 2011

Warm Wishes...

Sitting here, listening to the weather forecast, I am reminded that as much as I wish it were so, Spring is not yet here. (They are estimating another 10-15 inches of snow between very early Sunday morning to noon on Monday.  Just when I thought all the snow was *finally* melting...)  Since I still needed to do one of Anita's sketch challenges, I thought that Aspen would be fabulous in a winter card.

This is Anita's sketch for the week:


and this is my entry:


 Hopefully winter will soon be over and I can start thinking of sunshine, running barefoot in the grass...just being outside for more than 10 minutes in a row without freezing my you-know-what off!  =)  Until then, we have fun Anita stamps to play with and keep us warm inside.  (Have you seen the new release?  Go check it out!!  They're adorable.)

Challenges:
Anita Be Stampin' #8 Sketch
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Putting On the Glitz
Digital Tuesday #98: Use a Die Cut (my die cut is a Sizzix from Stampin' Up)

Thanks, y'all!  See you soon!  =)

5 comments:

jonim52 said...

This card is great, love how you turned the sketch around. Thank you for joining us at Anita Be Stampin.

Brenda said...

Starla, I love that you flipped the sketch, really a darling card. Thanks for joining us at Anita Be Stampin.

uksharon said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at Dt this week.
Hope the weather was better than forecast!
Best wishes, Sharon

Rachel Hope said...

Love it!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Anita Be Stampin Challenge!

Anita said...

I love what you did with the sketch this week, Starla! Such a pretty card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Anita Be Stampin Challenge! :)