Sunday, June 26, 2011

Circles!

Hey y'all!  It's challenge time again over at Anita Be Stampin'!  This fortnight's challenge was to create a shaped card, with the option of adding buttons.  Unfortunately there's no buttons on mine because I forgot about that part of the challenge until after I had already taken the pictures.  Whoops!  At least it was optional.  The main challenge for me....was to NOT use one of Anita's fairy images!  I just love those fairies so much I've been using them for every challenge since they were released. All of my other fabulous ABS images were feeling neglected, so I decided to show some love to the Victorian ladies.


Now, unfortunately I don't have any fun dies big enough to make a fun shaped card, so I had to stick with circles.  However, continuing the circle theme helped me pick the embossing folder, sentiment and spinning wheel embellishment.  The background paper is actually a pale purple, shaded with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Quick post tonight since it's getting kind of late.  Thanks for stopping by, and we'll be seeing you soon!

9 comments:

Sara I. said...

You rocked Vintage! Love all the embossing and distressing!! The charm and wheel embellies are perfect!

Brenda said...

You rocked the challenge Starla! I love that embossing folder, that charm, of course that ribbon and your round card!! Thanks for playing with us over at Anita Be Stampin!!
Hugs~Bren

Lynn Weber said...

another cool card!! I love the circle shape...I keep thinking of doing a "shaped" card, just haven't gotten there yet!! What a beatiful image, right out of "Gone w/the wind"!! The metal embellies are the perfect vintage touch too!! Wow, girlfriend...I love how all of your cards are different from each other : )

Lau W said...

Oh great idea to make a circle card, it's superb, great job my friend !
xxx

Gina K said...

Love the metal embellies, Star. You have been one busy creating lady lately!!! Great stuff!

Lelia Pierce said...

Great job, Starla! Love the circle card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Anita Be Stampin Challenges!

XXX

Linda said...

Awesome card.. Love all the details.. very lovely!! thanks for joining us at ABS. Hugs, Linda

Kelly said...

Awesome shaped card and how I love the vintage image. Great take on the the challenge, even without the buttons...lol!

Tracy S said...

Love how you colored her up and the big circle. Love the vintage looking effect the inking of the embossing dies gave it. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us this time over at ANita Be Stampin! Put on your thinking cap because a new one starts tomorrow!! :)