Monday, August 15, 2011

Keep it Cool....

Good morning everyone!  It's time for another Happileigh Scrappin' challenge, and this time it was MY turn to choose the challenge.  Woo hoo!  I decided that since August is usually so very hot....we should keep it coooool.  That's right, we want to see you using only cool colors (hair and skin not included).  In case you're not sure what the cool colors are (versus warm colors) here's a color wheel that has been divided into the two categories.


My card got to pull double duty this week.  Not only is it my DT card for this challenge....but it was also the card I gave my grandmother for her birthday today.  (Happy birthday grandma!!)


I just love this Bird with Flowers image.  I colored it with Copics and then added Stickles to the wings and flower centers.  The inside of the card says "It's your birthday!"  My grandma loved it, so that was very cool.  =D

Now that you've seen my creation, jump on over to the Happileigh Scrappin' Challenge Blog to see what the other Happi Sisters have designed.  Remember, you do not have to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image to participate....but we would LOVE to see you use one!  Plus, if you do use a Happileigh Scrappin' image you get entered into a special extra drawing for Happileigh Scrappin' projects.  That's TWO chances to win!  

If you don't have any Happileigh Scrappin' images yet, you can visit the store here. As always, it's buy three images get one free.  Plus, for this month you get the following image free with any purchase!


Hope to see you play along!  Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Sara I. said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love where you placed your ribbon and you've colored the bird fabulously! The design is amazing! Thats awesome that your Grandma loved it - whats not to love?! Birthday wishes to her xx

Lynn Weber said...

Hey Girlfriend- how was your weekend?? I love your new card!! It's so warm & cozy feeling, though you used the "cool" colors : ) What a beautiful bird & flower image...you could use it for sooo many occasions!! GREAT design, love the sentiment on a tilt!!! Enjoy your day...need to get some work done...only 2 days of work : )

Kim Kelley said...

First...what a "cool" challenge...never would have thought of this one! Second what a sweet card! Love it and love the colors!

Jennifer Scull said...

your card is just so pretty! love the colors you used. and what a pretty image! :)

Susan Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Paul said...

So lovely in those pretty colors. Love the ribbon and design paper too.

Lynn Weber said...

Just wanted to stop by & tell you to have a great rest of the week : ) I'll miss our chats...I'm sure I'll have lots to catch up on w/your blog when i get back. I keep thinking about your upcoming blog hop, really looking forward to it...I was checking out my "fairy" embellies the other day : ) Wilson thanks you for the love on his picture...I know I'm bias, but I just think he's the cutest thing-lol!!! Hope your work week goes fast!!!! chat w/you on Monday!!! Lynn & Wilson

Vicki said...

Gorgeous card, Star! Gma did love it. Who wouldn't?

Unknown said...

I love birds! I love that card! Very very soon I will be back to all this! My due date is 4 days away, hoping baby comes soon!

Lau W said...

Your grandma will love it, sure ! This is a beautiful card !
xxx

Kelly said...

Beautifully done. The colors are gorgous and the sentiment is so fitting!