Monday, August 8, 2011

A Recipe

***For the Hello Kitty Birthday Blog Hop, please scroll down.***

Good morning!!  It's time for another Stamp-N-Doodle challenge.  This week we have a recipe for you!  We want to see ribbons, die cuts/punches, and pearls! Easy, peasy, right?  =D


This week the DT got to play with an image called Yawning Otter.  I just love otters.  They remind me of kayaking in Santa Cruz, California...one of my favorite things to do!  The last time we went out there was an otter following us everywhere.  You're supposed to stay a certain distance away from the sea life when kayaking in the bay...but he could swim faster than we could row!  I'm sure other people had fed him in the past and he was hoping for a handout.  Still...he was just the cutest little thing!

Ok, sorry for the digression there!  Back to the challenge. =D  The image was colored using Distress Ink in Tea Dye, Broken China and Tumbled Glass.  (I know...no Copics!  Craziness.) I got to use one of my favorite edge punches, so that was fun.  =D

Alrighty!  Now that you've seen my card, head on over to the Stamp-N-Doodle Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the DT created.  Remember, you do not need to use a Stamp-N-Doodle image to participate, but we'd sure love it if you did!  If you don't have any Stamp-N-Doodle images yet, you can find some at the store here. See y'all soon!

6 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your Otter card. My daughter likes Otters. Now a follower of your blog and enjoying the Hello Kitty blog hop which I went to post & commented on before coming back to rest of your blog.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Kim Kelley said...

Love this card Starla. Is that cork paper? And love the story...ME too scared to kayak in the ocean! Cute otters or not! LOL

Lynn Weber said...

oh, your otter is sooo cool & cute : ) Great colors & paper...love the tan paper, reminds me of cork board & looks perfect on this card!! I like how you could use this card for male or female!! Looks like you've been a busy girl : )

Lynn Weber said...

I wish we lived closer ( I know I said that the other day-lol) but then we could kayak together!!!

Kelly said...

Beautifully done! The otter is so cute and I can almost smell the seabreeze.

Sara I. said...

Love the framing you created around him with that punch (which I love, too!) Gorgeous shimmer and love the scene you created!