Thursday, October 6, 2011

Distressed!

Good morning, lovelies!  I hope you are all having a fabulous week!  =D  As you may have seen last week, I am so honored and excited to have been accepted onto the Design Team for Digi Doodle Shop!!  Their images are just so darn cute.  Well, it's time for my first official challenge as part of the DT.  Woot, woot!

This week's challenge is Distressing. I know how many people out there love this style, and I know how talented all my lovely followers are, so y'all should have absolutely NO problem with this one!


I used this lovely Antique Stove Set, which can be bought and downloaded here.  The cool thing about this set is that it comes with a stove, bread, salt & pepper shakers, coffee urn and coffee cup that you can merge together as the occasion calls for!  I had a coworker who was recently accepted into culinary school for pastry chefs, so I knew this stamp would be just perfect.  The image was colored with Copics and Spica markers, cut out, then distressed and inked using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.  The papers are from various Tim Holtz paper packs.  The knowledge charm is also from Tim Holtz.  I tried to get the home made flower look by punching circles in 2 different sizes and then cutting slits to make the petals.  The inside of the card says "A recipe has no soul.  You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe. ~Thomas Keller".  Perfect, huh?  =D  My coworker LOVED the card, so that's all that matters.

Alright, now that you've had a chance to look at my card, why don't you head on over to the Digi Doodle Shop Challenges to see what the rest of the DT cooked up!  (Hee!)  Trust me...all of the projects are just GORGEOUS.  You do NOT want to miss seeing them!

After that, I really hope to see y'all join in the challenge!  Don't forget, for the month of October all Halloween and Scenic images are 25% off!  PLUS, there's the fall special...where any purchase of $5 or more gets you these images FREE!


Head on over to the Digi Doodle Shop to snap up these fabulous deals while they last!

Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you soon!

24 comments:

Doreen said...

Just gorgeous, love the distressing.xxx

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card ,beautifully coloured and distressed
tracey x

Judy said...

I love this stamp. One of my favorites, and you've really done it justice. Great job hun.
xx

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and wonderful coloring. I can almost smell the bread.

Lau W said...

Oh i love Distress, and your card is wonderful my friend !
xxx

Denise said...

Fantastic card - brilliant distressing, love the knowledge charm and the sentiment you used was perfect.
Hugs
Denise xx

Karen said...

Really lovely Starla,love the papers you've used too.
xx

Bettina L. said...

Wow this one really is beautifully designed. Love the embellies and backing papers you've used to give this an antique look. The stowe is perfectly coloured... I almost can smell the bread;) Hugs Bettina

Sara I. said...

If I failed to say it before now, congratulations on your new dt spot - you are so talented and I know you'll do a fab job for them! Your card is so chic and vintage..love it!

Turtle In The Sand said...

This image teamed up with Tim Holtz makes the perfect combination! Love your card!

ahlers5 said...

Love the coloring. The distressing is perfect, too. Wonderful.
Diane

tellana said...

What a wonderful card this is!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, gosh I had good intentions of baking today lol, maybe I will still do it!

Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Lori m

Tracy S said...

Very nicely done! Cute image too. So many possibilities with that one.

Stef H said...

love, love, love the card. that ghost in the mirror image is just hysterical!

hope you are well sunshine!

hugs :)

Cely said...

super cute starla! and what an interesting and personalized card!

Kim Kelley said...

Great card Starla!

WeirdCat said...

Fantastic card, great papers, hope you enjoy your time with DDSC
Ruth x

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous Starla, that image and the design has a lovely vintage look to it which I adore, super card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is fun, thanks for sharing!
Hey, Pixie Dust Paperie is having a give away, if you want to win a Pixie kit, follow the link to find out how!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Annemaritta said...

Admirable stove, makes you reach your apron and make a proper apple pie!

Lynn Weber said...

Hey girlfriend- how are you??? sorry I've been lost in my own little world for the last couple days...just busy & tired. I'm sure you know the feeling!! I had a fun weekend though, spent alot of time working on cards & other projects for my up coming craft show. Mom & I do 2 a year, we don't sell all that much stuff, but it's something fun to do & beside my pocketbook, it's a good cause, for the local school band & the other one is for a catholic school. We are still waiting on my brother's new baby to arrive...arrgggh, I'm ready, I jump everytime the phone rings at home. I soooo love your card, I totaly LOVE the stove image!!! I always told my husband I wanted a vintage stove, my home just doesn't have that style though : ( You flowers are very cute, they actually remind me of stove burners : ) Everything about this card is perfect vintage!! Well better get to doing some work,that is what they pay me for : )

Anonymous said...

Great card.Love the papers,they're perfect and your flowers are fab.
Lisa x

Julie said...

Super card. Love everything about it
Hugs,
julie