Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Monday!

Wow, it's been a while since I've done a Monday post!  Welcome to the new week!  =D

Well, today I am so excited and honored to tell you that I am a guest designer for the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog!  Woo hoo!  They're such a great challenge blog, and I'm very excited to have the chance to work with them.  

So, this week's challenge is to use three different pattern papers in your project.  This was actually a little hard for me...I generally don't mix a bunch of patterned papers.  However, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out!

The owl in tree image I found over at Public Domain Clipart.  Some of my followers might recognize the girl...it's Pipper, one of Simply Betty's Burton Weenies.  She's definitely one of my favorites!  =D  Both images were colored with Copics.  All three patterned papers are from my stash, so I don't exactly remember where they came from.  (Sorry!!)  The sentiment I created on Word, then colored with Copics to match Pipper's outfit.  The bats are from Martha Stewart.  The ribbon is from Michael's craft stores.

I really hope you'll hop over to the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog and play along!

On a side note...I had some more inspiration for this card.  It's the 12 Days of Halloween over at Simply Betty Stamps!!  Now, y'all know how much I love Halloween, so there's NO WAY I wouldn't be playing along.  This card is for the First Day of Halloween...

On the first day of Halloween my true love gave to me......an owl in a rotten oak tree!

Yep, I had to include an owl and a creepy tree in my card.

I really hope you liked it!  Thanks ever so much for stopping by.  Come back soon to see what's coming up for the rest of the 12 Days of Halloween....   =D

6 comments:

Lau W said...

Nice card my friend ! Love the girl, so bootiful :-))
Love your creations very much !
xxx

Kim Kelley said...

SPOOKY! This card is great...love the scene you made!

Sara I. said...

What a spooktacular card ;) Love the design and fab papers - the scene you created is perfect! xx

Anonymous said...

Spooky, but so darn cute.

Hugs, Lori m

Brenda said...

Love it!! Fabulous use of papers. It is hard to mix that many and you did it fabulously!! Hugs~Bren

Kt_Dragonfly said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my tiddlyinks art journal blog post :D you have some gorgeous work here, think this card maybe my fave though :D Kt xxx