Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lavender and Lace

Good morning, and happy Thursday!!  Only one more day until the weekend, thank goodness.  I do love my weekends, don't you?

Another great thing about Thursdays....it's Digi Doodle Shop's challenge time!!  Woo hoo!  This week we have  a fun one for you....Lavender and Lace.  Many of my friends say purple is their favorite color, so I love to make cards in all shades of purple...I know there's always someone who will love it!  =D


For this week I used the fabulous Spring Gathering image, which can be found here.  I just love that dress, and all of the pretty flowers.  I colored the image with Copics.  The papers are from DCWV's Once Upon a Time Mat Stack, Prima's Nursery Tales Stack, and DCWV's Glam Girls stack.  The butterflies are one of my brand new EK punches.  It's one of the ones that has three different settings, so it's perfect for layering.  (Each butterfly is three layers, and then the top was coated with Stickles.)  The lace and flowers are from JoAnn Fabrics.

I had so much fun with this theme...I really hope that you will have a little fun and join in!  =D  Head on over to the Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge blog to get some inspiration from the rest of the DT.  (These ladies are so talented; they just blow me away!)  

Don't forget, for the month of October all Halloween and Scenic images are 25% off!  PLUS, there's the fall special...where any purchase of $5 or more gets you these images FREE!


Head on over to the Digi Doodle Shop to snap up these fabulous deals while they last!

Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you soon!


18 comments:

Turtle In The Sand said...

Hi Starla,

When I look at your card, I imagine an Irish Lass standing in a field of clover. So very serene and sophisticated. Those silk flowers are beautiful too.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful coloring. Love the butterflies and lace combo.

Doreen said...

I love this,such a pretty card.xxx

Judy said...

This has been a surprisingly popular stamp. With coloring like this, I can see why!!!

xx

Lau W said...

Oh so nice woman, yes her dress is super, and your colouring is wonderful !
The week-end is near, yeeees !
xxx

Kim Kelley said...

Beautiful card Starla! Love your shading on her dress! And your grass looks great!

Lynn Weber said...

what a pretty pretty card- I'm love'n all the purple & your coloring is soooo vivid- awesome job!! The lace & the whispy flowers are the perfect touch, oh & the butterflies : ) this card is made for a "lady". How are you?? I'm w/you on the Thursday thing- it's closer to the weekend!! We are having our 2 nieces (8 & 5) & our nephew (7) spending Saturday night w/us-yikes. No really they are very very good kids & we are looking forward to it. Have a great day!!!!

Bettina L. said...

Such a beautiful composition of the card. Love those gorgeous flowers in the corner and that beautiful lace and the butterflies. The girl looks divine in the middle. Bettina xx

Denise said...

Very pretty card. Love this image and she looks great in purple. Love how you have coloured the background too.
Hugs
Denise xx

Lynn Weber said...

Happy Friday, Girlfriend!! I hope work hasn't been toooo bad for you this week : ) Have a great weekend, hope you find some time to make cards : )

Stampalicious said...

this image is just gorgeous! I love it, and I love the way you made your card with it, hugs, martina

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful card. Lovely coloring.
Diane

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Starla love that romantic image the papers, butterflies and lace all add to it's beauty.
Hugs
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A very pretty card sweetie.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

tellana said...

I love all those details - flowers and butterflies, but the image is the prettiest of all!
Take care,
Liva ❤

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is beautiful!

Julie said...

So lovely in lavendar.
Hugs,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Your colouring is amazing.The image just glows.Love the sparkle too.
Lisa x