Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Beginnings

Good morning, y'all!  How has your week been going?  I wish I had a little more vacation time...I just was not ready to come back to work on Tuesday.  Plus, having Mondays off really throws off my time all week.  I feel like I'm a day behind.  For instance, I felt like today was Wednesday instead of Thursday....which means I'm late on letting you know about the new Digi Doodle Shop challenge!!  I sincerely apologize!

This week, our challenge is New Beginnings.  There are all kinds of new beginnings...new jobs, new houses, weddings, births, retirements...the possibilities are endless!

Now, for the past couple of years in my family it seems that someone is always pregnant, so I decided to do a new baby card.  I'm sure that someone in the family will get pregnant again soon. (Hopefully it's my turn!  LOL)


I used the adorable Sleeping Infant, found in the People category under Children/Babies. I just love the face; isn't she adorable?!?  I colored her with colored pencils and Gamsol. The papers are from Prima Marketing's Nursery Tales collection.  The roses are from my stash; it's hard to see in the picture, but in real life they match the color of the roses on the baby's hat and shirt.  The sentiment I found on Splitcoast Stampers.

Now you've seen my card, hop on over to the Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge blog to check out the amazing creations by the rest of the team.

Remember, you don't have to use a Digi Doodle Shop stamp, but if you do it will be entered twice.  Also, you can enter as many times as you want...as long as it's with a new card/project each time.   Don't have any Digi Doodle Shop images?  Check out the 99 cent category!  These images will be going away forever March 1st, so get them while you can!  Or just grab some images at the store and start racking up those award points!


Challenges:
Crafts 4 Eternity: Quote
Critter Sketch Challenge Blog: Celebration
Fairytale Challenge Blog: Something Easy
Pile It On: Anything Goes
Southern Girls: Show Us Your Sparkle
Sweet Stampin': New Beginings
The Pink Elephant: Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday: Anything Goes

27 comments:

Julie said...

Absolutely adorable. I know just what you mean about everyone having babies. However for me it is all my friends having grandbabies.
Hugs,
Julie

Lau W said...

Oh this baby is just cute, your card is superb, so sweet !
Have a nice day my friend !
xxx

Denise said...

Adorable card - love that glittery paper.
Hugs
Denise xx

Deneen said...

So sweet, I love the soft colours. Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

pinky said...

its adorable, I do love that image. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.

michele said...

Gorgeous card thanks for sharing at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

BethieJ said...

Your card is so SWEET!!! Love that precious image!
Thank You for joining us at PIO! Happy New Year! Have a GREAT day!

Bettina L. said...

Oh she is such a cutie Starla. Love the paper and those gorgeous swirls. Those roses surrounding her makes it top notch. Hugs Bettina xx

Tammy said...

Precious card and wonderfully colored! The sentiment is so perfect on your beautiful card.

Turtle In The Sand said...

That dp is awesome. The card made up so beautifully. Your coloring is awesome. Happy New Year, Linda.

Judy said...

Beautifully done. Love the coloring, and the papers are just lovely.
xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Starla.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Tracey T said...

This is such a sweet image - the baby looks to be sleeping so peacefully. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' and Happy New Year! Tracey x

Janneke said...

What a pretty card ;o)
Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week ..

Hugs, Janneke

Cathy said...

Such a sweet card. Thank you for joining in the Sweet Stampin' challenge.
Cathy xx

Helen said...

Adorable!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Kazza said...

Such a lovely card and a beautiful image. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

Anonymous said...

I'm playing catch up here sorry, been trying to do that nasty organize thing.

Beautiful card, sweet little baby image, like a sleeping angel.

Hugs, Lori m

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Starla, this card is so beautiful that image is fabulous he looks so peaceful and serene, the colours and design are super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jenn Borjeson said...

Beautiful, Star! :)

tellana said...

Very adorable card this is!
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and the papers and design are fab :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Anonymous said...

So adorable.Love the touch of sparkle, it goes perfectly with the sweet sentiment.
Lisa x

ahlers5 said...

Lovely coloring. Very pretty!
Diane

Flutterby Trina said...

I just love that sentiment! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at TTT! x

isi said...

very gentle and beautiful, I like

Amber said...

Darling card! And I LOVE the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Southern Girls.
Hugs
Amber