Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CAS 1-1-1-1

Hello, hello, hello!  Welcome to another Wednesday!  I have a new Digistamps 4 Joy challenge for you.  This one was kind of tough for me, but ended up being fun.  This challenge is to create a CAS (Clean And Simple) card using only 1 image, 1 patterned paper, 1 design paper and 1 embellishment.  First I thought, well, this will be easy.  Easier said than done!  I kept wanting to add to it, but I'm pretty happy with how my little card turned out.  I hope you like it, too!


I used Peace, which can be found in the Faces category at the Digistamps 4 Joy store.  I just love the sweet faces with the tiled backgrounds. (You may have seen this post using Joy.)  I colored the image with Copics and used stickles to bring out the "Peace" signature.  Paper and ribbon from my stash.

Well, I hope you liked my little CAS card!  Now it's time to show me how much better you can do!  =D  Head on over to the Digistamps 4 Joy challenge blog to check out the rest of the DT and play along!  

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

This turned out beautifully Star! Love the colors...really stes the image off with the "plaid" background! HUGS!!!

Lynn Weber said...

what a great card!!! I could never do this challenge...I would have a hard time w/only using 1 piece of pp...you know me : ) What great colors & as always, your coloring rocks!!!! Love the glitter "peace". I'm so excited you are going to take a copics class, I did one a couple years ago when I was just getting into card making, very informative & of course, very expensive as I bought a bunch of markers & stamps afterwards : ) I'm love'n your parade of cards on sb.com..I know I've seen some of them on your blog,but others are new to me : ) Well have a great day, time to do more work!!! Lynn

Lau W said...

Wow ! Just wonderful ! love your choice of colors, wow wow !!!
xxx

Lynn Weber said...

woohoo- we made it to another weekend!!!! Sounds like you are going to have a pretty enjoyable weekend, me too & i don't plan on doing much..maybe some cleaning & definetly card making : ) I have contacts & absolutely love them, don't know what I would do w/out them. I've had glasses since 6th grade-yuk!!! I hope you'll post a pic or 2 of your sewing projects...I want to see them : ) Well better get back to work,so I can finish stuff up & get out of here on time : ) Thank's for the love on my new pic of Hutton- he is a little charmer : ) Have a super great weekend!!!!

Sussie said...

Hi I found your blog at The Outlawz and now I'm a follower. And what a great card you have made. And if you want to visit me..

http://pyssligasussie.blogspot.com

Hugs
Sussie.

Cely said...

been crazy and busy on my end too. i don't know what in the world i was thinking when i accepted a second job. lol, i'm nuts, i tell you. i can't wait for spring break so i can catch up on my crafting.

anywho, love this card! your copic coloring always comes out so rich looking. great job!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful, your coloring is fantastic. Hugs, Lori m