Monday, April 23, 2012

Digi Doodle Shop Sponsors Cupcake Craft Challenges

Good morning and happy Monday!  I hope today starts a fantastic week for you.  I'm here today to let you know that Digi Doodle Shop is sponsoring the newest challenge over at the Cupcake Craft Challenges blog!  The challenge is.....Material Girl!  No, they don't want to see projects about Madonna....although, that could be kind of cool.  No, what they want to see are projects using some kind of fabric or something made of fabric.  (Yes, canvas counts.)


I used the lovely Sewing Machine - Vintage, which is found in the Antiques section of the Digi Doodle Shop store.  I'm especially enamored of sewing images right now since I just started sewing again.  Plus, this machine is just so fabulous!  The fabric part of my card are two canvas triangles that have been painted to match the quilt in the image.  The sentiment I printed out on word.  The paper is from Stampin' Up.  The image, sentiment and canvas triangles have been hand stitched using silver embroidery floss.

Well, now that you've seen my project, head on over to the Cupcake Craft Challenges blog to see the fabulous work by their Design Team.  Then I sincerely hope you will play along!  Why not combine it with the current Digi Doodle Shop challenge?

Thanks for stopping by, and we'll see you soon!

Challenges:
Card Crafter's Circle: In Stitches

3 comments:

Cely said...

omigosh. your triangles match the quilt in the digi. you went above and beyond, girlie! great job!

Pauline said...

Wonderful creation! Thank you for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle
hugs,
Pauline

Jenée said...

Oh, that sewing machine image brings back fond memories of my Grandmother. I used to sit on the floor playing as she created beautiful things on her old trundle machine. Thank you for sharing this lovely card with us this week at Card Crafter's Circle.