Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cute as a Button

Hey y'all!  Happy Wednesday.  The week is almost over....thank GOODNESS!  I don't know about you, but I cannot wait for the weekend to get here.  Another good thing about this Wednesday...it's time for a new Digistamps 4 Joy challenge!  This fortnight the challenge is.........Cute as a Button!  We want to see papercraft projects with at least one button.  You don't have to stick with just one, though.  Go crazy, add a bunch of buttons!  The more the merrier, right?  =D

Have you seen the new images released in the shop?  Let me tell you, they are cuuuuute!  For this challenge each of the DT members got to use one of the new images, so you'll definitely want to check out each of the DT's blogs.  As for my card, meet...........Curly Carly!


Isn't she a DOLL?  I just love her.  This was my first time trying to color really curly hair with my Copics...all in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  The buttons and ribbon are from my stash, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts, part of a stamp set I've had for YEARS.  Don't you just love the paper?  One of my awesome blogging buddies, Trina, sent this paper to me after I admired it on her blog.  Isn't that so sweet?  She's such a kind, generous person.  <3 you, chica!!  It's kind of hard to see, but the stars on the paper are outlined with glitter, and there are a few lines of glitter on the striped paper.  Plus, I outlined the ribbon with lime green Stickles. (And a blue pen, which soaked into the ribbon a bit. Whoops!  I always say...it's those little imperfections that give it character........right??  LOL)

So, anxious to see some of the other new releases made into projects?  Head on over to the Digistamps 4 Joy challenge blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations.  Remember, you do not have to use a Digistamps 4 Joy image to participate in the challenge.  However, if you do...your project will also be entered for a seperate prize, the DT Choice award!  I hope to see you playing along!

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday: A Touch of Sparkle
Card Crafter's Circle: Sparkle, Sparkle
The Pink Elephant - Buttons Galore
Top Tip Tuesday - Dig Out the Old

14 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Love it Satarl, especially the curly hair. Great card

Caz said...

Brilliant card, love it..

Caz xxxx

Stef H said...

i think those bell bottoms are coming back!!! super, super cute!

hugs :)

Kate said...

So Cute! Love the colors.

Hugs,
kate

Lau W said...

Love your colouring, superb hair ! And love your papers, so vibant colors !
xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

I think her hair looks wonderful! She is a beautiful image and I do love that paper...what a very sweet friend to send you some. :)

Thank you for sharing what you dug out from the old stuff to use in our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!

hugs,
Lisa xx

Trina said...

Hey! I love the way you colored her hair! And you're oh so welcome for the paper; I knew you would use it to create something fabulous like this! (Even though I think polka dots would have gone well with her 'fro!!) ;D

Elaine Stark said...

Fabulous hair and great colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a cutie image love your papers too a lovely card

Ellis said...

You really made her look cute, great card Starla! =)
Hugs, Elenor

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful starla.
your cards with the images off sassy are stunning.

greetings karin

Jenée said...

Darling image. Lovely colouring and the presentation is perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle.

Annette said...

It looks great to me, what you see as imperfections just add to the uniqueness of the card.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge DT
xx

Bettina L. said...

I just love this Starla. It is truly beautiful. Gorgeous sparkly colours and those curls look just perfect to me too. The design is gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Hugs Bettina xx