Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DS4J Challenge #43

Hello, my lovelies!  I hope you are all having a fabulous Wednesday!  As I'm currently off on holiday, I'm having a TERRIFIC day!  =D  (This post was scheduled ahead of time...I sure hope Blogger cooperated and posted it at the right time!  If not...I apologize.)

Well, it's time to bring you the newest Digistamps 4 Joy challenge.  This fortnight we want to see....June Brides.  However, there is one stipulation.  We want to see anything but a card.  What does that leave, you might ask?  Well, there are tons of possibilities!  Gift tags, wall hangings, thank you tags, place cards, lanterns...all kinds of things.

Here's my project:



I used the lovely Bedazzled Bride image, available in the Weddings section of the shop.  I've created a little thank you gift bag for wedding guests.  The pretty little bags (from Michael's Craft Stores) are filled with yummy little Dove chocolate caramels.  Mmmm...my favorite. LOL  Each tag is about 2" wide.  They were very quick to make...I could easily see making a bunch of these for wedding gifts, or possibly just for the bridal party from the bride and groom. You can't really see it in the picture, but the veil was covered with Stickles, so it's quite sparkly.  I actually ended up giving two of my samples to a couple who recently got married.  (DH and I were in the wedding, so it was a way to thank them for inviting us to be involved in their big day.)  The couple liked their gifts very much.  =D

Looking for more inspiration?  Head on over to the Digistamps 4 Joy challenge blog to check out the rest of the DT's creations.  Remember, you do not have to use a Digistamps 4 Joy image to participate in the challenge.  However, if you do...your project will also be entered for a seperate prize, the DT Choice award!  I hope to see you playing along!  I'll be back tomorrow with some more challenges, and then later this weekend with some photos from my holiday.  See you then!

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

starla gorgeous creations and beautiful made.

greetings karin[DS4J DT member]

Desire Fourie said...

So creative and yummy. Love the colours and design. Enjoy your Wednesday.
Hugs
Desíre
DS4J DT Member
Digistamps4Joy
Doing Life

Jen Leeflang said...

Fabulous tags, Starla! I love the deep colours you've used. Hope you're enjoyi8ng your holiday!
love Jen Leeflang
DT LEAD FOR DS4J

Lau W said...

Your tags are wonderful, and so yummy, héhé !
Happy to see you !!!
xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a great project Starla! I love the image that you used and the colours are just so stunning. :)

Kim Kelley said...

These are gorgeous Star! So very elegant! Been missing you! HUGS

Lynn Weber said...

Hope you are enjoying your vaca!!! I'm soooo jealous!!!! Love love love the wedding tags, so pretty!! Great color combo the purple & black!!! Great bride image too!!!