Thursday, December 6, 2012

DTBST #154

Hello, my friends!  I know I've been pretty quiet lately..sorry!  I'm really trying to get everything ready for this baby.  6 days until my due date (as I write this on Monday night), and I'm so anxious! I cannot WAIT to meet this child!  =D

Anyway, the reason I'm posting today: it's time for a new Dare to Be Sassy Thursday challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs!  Woot woot!  This week the challenge is:

Let's Celebrate!

That's right, we want to see cards celebrating something.  It could be a birthday, an anniversary, a graduation...any kind of celebration!  Get creative with it.  I know, easier to say than do, right?  For myself, I did not get creative.  However, with the holiday season fast approaching, I figured it was the perfect time to create a card for celebrating Christmas.


I made this one for my hubby.  The inside says "I can get you on the naughty list." LOL!  I think he'll like it.  I used the fabulous new All Wrapped Up, available in the store.  I just love these new pin ups, don't you? =D

Ok, ready to play along?  Head on over to the Sassy Studio Designs Blog to see what the other Sassy Sisters came up with and to link up your cards.  I hope to see you participating!  Thanks for stopping by!

Now, on a sad note, I created this card using December's Sketch for You To Try from i{heart}to stamp

dec2012sketch

 No, that's not the sad part.  The sad part is it's not only the final sketch for the year, but it's also the final sketch ever...at least for the foreseeable future.  This is a fabulous blog, and I will dearly miss their sketches. I was able to play along with every sketch this year, which was a major accomplishment for me.  =D  Here are the links to my previous cards for the year.


I'll miss you, SFYTT!

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Starla this is just beautiful. Love the colours and all the little finishing touches. You have got a lovely unique creative style. Wishing you a wonderful Thursday.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lau W said...

Lol ! Sure your hubby will love this card ! Your papers are superb !
xxx

Kate said...

Pretty. I love the Sketch that you followed. The colors are really nice too.

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Star, this is fabulous! I love that paper and all the blues. Cute idea to check both the naughty and nice.

Kathy said...

So pretty Star and a great take on the sketch. Beautifully done!

Judy said...

Hey Sweetie,

Whas a "saucy" card..love the blues..and perfect sentiment.

I am so excited for you, and oh my what a perfect time for a baby...gosh it sure does bring back memories for me, as my son was born January the 8th, and I can remember being sooooooo ready at this time of year.

xo
Judy