Saturday, March 2, 2013

Designed to Color Birthday Bash Day 1

Hey y'all!  Have you ever heard of the magazine Designed to Color? It is a fabulous magazine, focused on...you guessed it, coloring!  Isn't that lovely? Whether it's Copics, ProMarkers, colored pencils, watercolors....this magazine covers it all.  Let me tell you, I just love it, and I've found some amazing inspiration within its pages. My favorite thing?  Not only can you buy a paper subscription, but you can buy an online subscription and have it emailed right to you!  I have enough mail, so being able to get it online is just wonderful.

Anyway, DTC is having their one year birthday this weekend. To celebrate, they are having (4) days of events (might be a challenge, might be a comment on a post, who knows!).  See all of the details here at their blog. 

The first day of the celebration, they challenged their followers to create a project using the tic tac toe board below.


Well, I just couldn't resist playing along.  Plus, you know you ALWAYS need birthday cards, so I decided to stick with the birthday theme.


I used this fabulous cake image from The Paper Shelter.  I just love the way it tilts...reminds me of Alice in Wonderland!  I colored it with my Copics (I know...shocker!) and Spica markers for the candles and flames.  If you can't tell, I used the first row.  Purple, cake and balloons. =D

So, seriously...head over to the DTC blog and find out how to play along.  There are a TON of fun prizes being given away.  Come celebrate!

Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
Designed to Color: Birthday Tic Tac Toe
Totally Gorjuss: Anything Goes with Pink
Dilly Beans: Stripes

2 comments:

Lau W said...

Oh so happy card Star ! This cake make me smile, but it seems yummy :-))
Have anice day !
xxx

Jenn Borjeson said...

That is a great cake, love your creation! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)